New York City has vested interest in preparing a diverse range of New York City students for careers in the life sciences sector.
The LifeSci NYC internship program is looking for talented and dedicated students interested in pursuing careers in the life sciences sector. The program is designed to ensure both the success of the life sciences industry in New York City and the employability of New York City college students majoring in the life sciences and in support functions (management, finance, accounting, legal, IT, and others) connected to the life sciences. With the vast majority of New York City college students remaining in New York City after graduation, it’s important to prepare STEM students for high-paying career opportunities while ensuring a pipeline of talent for industry. Host companies and organizations range from early-stage startups to large pharmaceutical and biotech firms, including BioHealthWays, Celmatix, Chimeron Bio, Deerfield, Envisagenics, Kinnos, NewYorkBIO, the New York Stem Cell Foundation, and Roche.
Sample internships may include:
- R&D: Conduct research on coagulation, polymer chemistry, rheology, biochemistry, and material science.
- R&D: Perform research on functional annotation of the human genome with respect to fertility potential.
- Bioinformatics: Analyze single cell RNA-sequencing data and summarize key findings.
- Data Science: Learn and develop a Common Workflow Language (CWL) that utilizes Docker technology for NextGenerationSequencing (NGS) analysis for gene fusion detection.
- Neuroscience: Identify potential advisors and data for an ongoing development program. Collect information for future clinical studies, and identify biomarker(s) used in research initiatives.
- Medical Device Design: Conduct research on custom applicator design, packaging design and testing, and assay development.
- Regulatory Affairs: Compile regulatory intelligence, maintain and track product marketing materials and labeling, and help compile an international regulatory market assessment.
- Quality Assurance: Help maintain central document control system, implement OSHA requirements, participate in inspections and report any non-conformances.
- Quality Control (Microbiology/Chemistry): Assist in verifying conformance to in-process specifications and proposing and implementing in-QC assays.
- Manufacturing: Assist with supply chain logistics, optimization of processes / process flows, creation and revision of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and batch records, and equipment installation and qualification.
- Market Research: Perform market research, develop marketplace analysis, provide strategic assessment, use market research data to support existing and new marketing sales strategies.
This paid internship will be from June – August 2018
Early application deadline for students is December 31, 2017!!
However, application deadline for students. (Note that placements are on a rolling basis. Applying early increases your chances of securing an internship) is March 31, 2018.
APPLYING EARLIER WILL INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF FINDING AN INTERNSHIP!
For more information and application eligibility visit: