You may use the below form to sign up for, or to inquire about, the (Virtual) Research Symposium 2021. Please read the following carefully:
- You may just submit a poster, if you prefer, or you may submit a poster and a video presentation. Posters and videos will be showcased on this site. If you choose to submit a video, the link will be uploaded to this site. You may upload your video to your own channel, or we can upload it to YouTube for you.
- Your research need not be complete, but it must be undertaken under the guidance of a faculty advisor. It can be experimental, theoretical, computational, or numerical.
- You may only submit one poster and one video presentation.
- The video presentations may run no longer than 30.0 minutes.
- To qualify for the Symposium 2021 Competition, you must submit a video in addition to a poster. The first, second, and third place winners (selected by a panel of faculty) will receive $500, $300, and $100 prizes, respectively; they will also receive an award letter and certificate.
- The Director of Undergraduate Research (who is also a full-time faculty member of the Department of Physics) will be happy to write letters of recommendation to the first, second, and third place winners.
- The Symposium runs from April 1 to August 15, 2021. You may submit your poster and video anytime during this period; submissions will not be accepted after 11:59 PM (EST) on August 15, 2021. Winners will be announced after August 15, 2021.
- You may mention and link to your poster and/or video on your CV/resume; in fact, it is encouraged!
- You may use the below form to inquire about the Symposium, but please read this site carefully to ensure that you only ask questions that are not answered here.